(Starz for High School – SHS) – ICT Skills for Junior and Senior high school students
Overview: the Starz for High School (SHS) program offers FREE College preparatory education to High School Students. It aims to help High School Students experience a gentle transition into College/University. This program enables candidates to accumulate College/University credits while in High School. Through the SHS program, candidates will complete the following studies:
- Computer Essentials/Fundamentals (INFO 101): this course introduces the students to the software used in business and technology which includes word processing, spreadsheets, graphic, presentations, Internet fundamentals.
- Freshman Orientation (FOA 100): this course introduces the College’s physical, Academic, and Social environment, and also promotes the personal development essential for success, including strengthening students’ leadership abilities. Topics include: campus facilities and resources; policies, procedures, and programs; study skills; and life management issues such as health, self-esteem, motivation, goal-setting, diversity, and communication. Upon completion, students will be able to function effectively within the College environment to meet their educational objectives.
Audience: this program is designed for students who have reading and comprehension skills, preferably, students attending at the Junior and Senior High School level.
- Participants must have the ability to manage themselves physically. (*see admissions office for details)
- Participants must be older than 10 years
- Participant must be a current student of an accredited school system
- Freshman Orientation (FOA 100)
- Fundamentals of Computing / Using Windows
- Windows Multimedia Technologies
- Simple data management (data transfer, extended drive)
- Fundamental of Internet
- Google Research engine
- Facebook 101
- Fundamental use of Microsoft Word
- Fundamental use of Microsoft Excel
- Application process (registration) begins: April 2018
- Application process (registration) deadline/ends: July 2018
- Cost of Tuition: FREE (*Student pays a one-time registration fee of US $ 20.00)
- Registration package (benefits): Student souvenir Tee Shirt, Electronic Textbook, ICT resource and On campus Internet service
- Program duration: Six (6) weeks
- Classes start date: (Next batch coming in 2018)
- Student will be allowed to select available and convenient schedule
How to apply
- Candidate must collect an application form from any of Starz campuses
- Complete the application form (fill)
- Present the completed application for at the Admissions and Records office on Starz main campus located in Sinkor, Airfield.
- Submit the following along with application: 1 passport sized picture, 1 letter of recommendation or attestation from school or community, copy of student Identification Card or School report card; placed in a folder
- Once registration is completed, student will be allowed to select preferred class time.