A program designed to bridge the gap between High School and University.
Starz for High School (SHS) program offers FREE Tertiary preparatory education to High School Students.
(Starz for High School – SHS) – ICT Skills for Junior and Senior high school students
Overview: The Starz for High School (SHS) program offersFREE preparatory education to High School Students. It aims to help High School Students experience a gentle transition into University. This program enables candidates to accumulate University credits while in High School. Through the SHS program, candidates will complete the following studies:
Computer Essentials/Fundamentals (INFO 101): This course introduces the students to the software used in business and technology which includes word processing, spreadsheets, graphic, presentations, Internet fundamentals.
Freshman Orientation (FOA 100): This course introduces the University’s physical, Academic, and Social Environment, and also promotes the personal development essential for success, including strengthening students’ leadership abilities. Topics include campus facilities and resources; policies, procedures, and programs; study skills; and life management issues such as health, self-esteem, motivation, goal-setting, diversity, and communication. Upon completion, students will be able to function effectively within the university environment to meet their educational objectives.
Audience: This program is designed for students who have reading and comprehension skills, preferably, students attending at the Junior and Senior High School level.
* Application process (registration) begins: April 2018
* Application process (registration) deadline/ends: July 2018
* Cost of Tuition: FREE (*Student pays a one-time registration fee of US $ 20.00)
* Registration package (benefits): Student souvenir Tee Shirt, Electronic Textbook, ICT resource and On campus Internet service
* Program duration: Six (6) weeks
* Classes start date: July 4, 2018
* Student will be allowed to select an available and convenient schedule
How to Apply
* Candidate must collect an application form from any of Starz campuses
* Complete the application form (fill)
* Present the completed application form at the Admissions and Records office on Starz main campus located in Sinkor, Airfield.
* Submit the following along with the application: 1 passport sized picture, 1 letter of recommendation or attestation from school or community, copy of student Identification Card or School report card; placed in a folder
* Once registration is completed, student will be allowed to select preferred class time.
For more info
For more information, visit Starz main office on the Airfield.